This is one of the easiest and most satisfying GFVG recipes out there. The 4 ingredient scones call for ingredients you probably have in your pantry. You can also make deluxe versions of these scones by adding sour cherries, cacao nibs, frozen blueberries – there are so many options. You can even turn them into savoury treats by adding vegan cheese and any vegan substitute you like.
The recipe below is the basic version, feel free to complement it with your favourite sweet, fruity or nutty additions.
Usually, I make a huge batch and store the scones in the fridge for an entire week. My personal favourite additions are: chocolate nibs, sour cherries and protein packed flax seeds and hemp hearts.
If you are on the go in the morning, these scones are perfect. They are hearty, healthy, and possibly the quickest recipe I have ever made. Let’s dive in! I hope these become your go-to recipe.
4 Ingredient SconesCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
One of the easiest, yummiest gluten-free and vegan recipes!
1.5 ripe bananas
1 cup GF oats
3 tbsps maple syrup
1/2 cup of almond butter (tahini works also)
pinch of salt (optional)
1 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
1 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- Mash the bananas in a big bowl, add the oats and stir well.
- Add maple syrup and almond butter to the mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon.
- To measure out the individual scone, use a tablespoon. Then use your hands to turn them into the preferred shape.
- Place them on a baking sheet 2″ apart (they will not expand in the oven).
- Bake at 380F (200C) in the oven for 18 mins.
- Let them cool down for about 5mins and enjoy!
- You can make a huge batter batch and freeze it for up to basically forever. That way you save yourself the time of creating the batter.
- For a true scone experience, spread your favourite vegan butter or marmalade. So delicious!
Don’t ever let a recipe tell you how many chocolate chips to use.
You measure that shit with your heart.Desiree Nielsen