Just because it’s hot doesn’t mean baked pears are out of style. Just the opposite, in fact, how about pairing them with vegan ice cream. This baked pears with ice cream winning combination, I found while I was experimenting with different kinds of seasonal fruits (apricots, peaches, plums,…)
If you feel overwhelmed this recipe provides a respite from your daily chores and lets you indulge in a healthy way. I call this the no regret dessert! Honestly, how can you go wrong with baked pears and ice cream. Let’s dive into this delicious recipe!
I have also started to preserve some of the summer fruits so I can enjoy them in the upcoming autumn/winter months. The best feeling is to open up a homemade marmalade or jam on a cold day and add it to my oatmeal or a recipe. This is a hint of upcoming recipes you will be able to find on my blog in the next few months.
Baked Pears with Ice CreamCourse: DessertCuisine: Vegan, Gluten-freeDifficulty: Easy
This is a nice quick way to spice up your ice cream.
2 pears (washed, no need to peel)
2 sprigs thyme (washed, and finely chopped)
pinch of Molten salt
2 tsps olive oil
4 scopes of your favourite ice cream (I used pistachio and chocolate)
- Cut your pears in half and place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle your olive oil all over them and add the thyme. Make sure all side of the pears are covered with the oil and thyme.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes at 220C (428F) – Until you see that is golden brown.
- Once baked, let them cool off for about 5 minutes. Add the baked pears to a bowl, place two scoops of your favourite ice cream and add a tiny pinch of Molten salt.
- If you don’t have pears – apricots or peaches are fantastic substitutes. Enjoy!
Have you tried making my matcha recipe yet? Click the highlighted link and try it iced – IT IS so DELICIOUS! This is the best beverage to have with this dessert.
Be patient with yourself. Nothing in nature blooms all year.Anonymous