Experimenting with different homemade fruit juices is so much fun! Summer in our house is all about filling up on all the fruits it has to offer and making refreshing beverages to keep us cool and hydrated. This citrus & cantaloupe spritzer is no exception. It’s healthy, delicious and so easy to put together.
A refreshing beverage your whole family can enjoy! Let’s do this!
Citrus & Cantaloupe SpritzerCourse: BeverageCuisine: Gluten-free, VeganDifficulty: Easy
This citrus & cantaloupe spritzer is light, refreshing and delicious – just what you need on a hot summer day.
2 cantaloupe slices (peeled and cubed)
4 oranges (peeled and sliced)
1 limes (peeled and sliced)
6 ice cubes
1 cup of sparkling water
2 rosemary sprigs (optional)
4 thinly sliced limes (optional)
- Cut the cantaloupe in small cubes and place them in your ice tray and cover them with water. Place them in the freezer until the water freezes and they are ready to be used as ice cubes for your beverage.
- Juice your fruits in a juicer. If you happen to not have a juicer follow the steps I mention below. It will be equally delicious!
- Add your cantaloupe ice cube in your glass. Fill your glass half way with the orange, lime and cantaloupe juice.
- Fill the rest of your glass with cold sparkling water.
- Add your favourite garnishes and enjoy!
- This recipe is extremely versatile. You can swap the fruits I mention above with whatever fruits you currently have. For example, peaches or cherries would work equally well.
This beverage recipe requires you to have a juicer, however all is not lost if you don’t have one. Here is an equally delicious and refreshing alternative using the exact same ingredients. The method changes slightly. Juice your oranges and lime by hand. You will probably need 6-8 oranges and 2 limes since you are not using a juicer.
Assemble your glass by starting with the cantaloupe ice cubes, pour in your orange and lime juice then top it off with cold sparking water. Garnish your spritzer with fresh rosemary sprig or mint and two freshly cut lime slices.
Enjoy this refreshing citrus & cantaloupe spritzer with a slice of my raw GFVG strawberry ice cream cake . Click the highlighted link and it will take you right to the recipe.
When life gives you oranges, make a spritzer!Adelina