You can make an epic hummus out of all sorts of beans, veggies and spices. I like to share recipes that can be easily substituted with ingredients you have in your pantry. It’s one less thing you have to worry about especially during an epidemic – you might not be able to get certain ingredients. This easy white bean hummus recipe came about because I didn’t not have any chickpeas in my cupboard. I did, however, have many cans of white beans, so I created this recipe.
You can literary substitute almost all of the ingredients in this recipe and still end up with a kickass hummus. If you don’t have red peppers use whatever peppers you have or if you don’t have it, simply leave it out. If you don’t have white beans, substitute with whatever beans you have. You can substitute tamari sauce for soya sauce or simply use water. Use your favourite spices to season your hummus. And don’t forget to dress up your hummus before you serve it with chilli flakes or lime salt and drizzle a bit of olive oil. Let’s dive in !
Easy White Bean HummusCourse: LunchCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
A guide to making a kickass hummus using ingredients you have in your pantry.
I can white beans (rinsed)
2 roasted red peppers (skin removed)
1 tbsps tahini
3 tbsps lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tamari (soya sauce also works)
big pinch of salt
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
pinch of grounded pepper
1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- Roast your peppers in the oven at 220C (428F) for about 20 mins. Let them cool off and remove the skin and seeds.
- Place roasted peppers and all the ingredients mentioned above in a high speed blender or mixer.
- Blend until you achieve a creamy consistency.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl.
- Drizzling a bit of olive oil on top and garnishing with salted chilli flakes.
- You can double this batch and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Try this easy white bean hummus with my beet rice patty recipe – it’s DIVINE!! For full ingredients list and easy step-by-step instructions click the highlighted link above. Happy cooking !
I choose to create positive thoughts.Positive Affirmations