I have super high expectations of my Kempinski Hotel Berchtesgaden stay. I have been wanting to experience this place since I first moved to Germany. Why? Mostly – because of its’ history. There is a separate post talking exclusively about the historic significance of Berchtesgaden.
Let’s start off with some historic gossip about this hotel. A couple of years back this hotel was owned and operated by the Intercontinental hotel gurus, subsequently sold to the Kempinski empire. Some upgrades were made, like the addition of a 1 Michelin star restaurant.
My own personal experience with the hotel can be described in three words : 5 star comfort!
I am a detail oriented person, which means I notice a lot of small things. Fresh flowers adorned the entire hotel blending perfectly to the surrounding Bavarian Alps. Complementary still water in glass bottles using local water from the Alps. All food served came with a short biography of which local farm it came from. A house-blend alpine tea made from local herbs found around the hotel property. LASTLY, you will not find any sight of hunted animals or their skin used as decorations. The Kempinski cares about the environment and using local sustainable ingredients where possible, while still maintaining a feel of comfort.
What to do at the hotel. Here are some personal tips below.
- Experience the heated outdoor pool in the early afternoon and you will have it all to yourself.
- Experiment with the selfie camera in the hotel lobby (it’s so much fun!)
- The 35Euro/person breakfast IS TOTALLY WORTH IT!
- Sign up for the early morning run with the general manager (bonus: it’s free)
- Relax by booking a massage
- Book a dinner at the JOHANN GRILL restaurant (caters to many food restrictions). They managed to whip up a delicious gluten-free and vegan chocolate cake that’s not even on the menu at 10:30pm, to appease my late night sweets cravings.
The hotel has a total modern flair with hidden pockets of warmth and comfort. The beautiful Bavarian Alps backdrop shows up all over the hotel.
You should expect a 5 star experience, because that’s what you will get!
If you would like to know more details about Kempinski Hotel Berchtesgaden, leave them below!
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.Saint Augustine