What is it about Mexican food?
There is something about the summer season and Mexican food that brings so much joy. Making tacos is such a fun activity and you can experiment with a wide range of vegan and gluten-free ingredients.Jump to Recipe
When it comes to homemade soft taco shells, I have a SUPER easy and DELICIOUS recipe for you. The recipe calls for 1 main ingredient, which you probably already have in your pantry. Your kids will love making these tacos with you 🙂
Soft taco shellsCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Very easy
1 cup of rice flour
1 cup of water
pinch of salt
oil to grease your hands
- Bring water to boil in a sauce pan and add your flour and salt. Mix really well until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Turn the heat off and remove the sauce pan. Cover the crumbly mixture and let it sit for about 10 mins.
- Add oil to your hands and start to roll the dough into a long roll on parchment paper. Then divide your dough into 6 equal parts.
- Roll the 6 pieces of dough into 6 round balls.
- Place them back on the parchment paper and add another parchment paper on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball into 1/2′ thickness.
- Add olive oil in a non-stick pan and begin heating the pan at medium heat.
- Add your taco shells to the pre-heated non-stick pan and cook both sides. It should take a couple of minutes per side.
- Double the recipe – It’s that GOOD !
Taco toppings that will win anyone over!!
~roasted spiced yellow peppers with smokes paprika, and chipotle
~mashes black beans with olive oil, salt, jalapeño and a bit of gf soya sauce
~corn and cherry tomato salad with lots of fresh cilantro, lime juice and salt
~avocado slices, of course!
I hope you enjoy making these taco shells as much as I have! If you make this recipe I would love to see photos and hear your comments:) Share some of your favourite Mexican recipes below.