I was hard at work last week experimenting with a bunch of gluten-free and vegan brownie recipes. I found this no bake brownies recipe a winner! Super easy to make and you will probably end up making 6 batches like me. It helps that I had a lovely little helper this weekend in the kitchen. Thank you Malaika for your patience, at times her counting was better than mine – plus her mixing skills are excellent! It’s always fun to bake with others.
From start to finish this recipe take about 10 mins to put together. The total resting period in the fridge is about 25 minutes. If you want to add the optional step, which I highly recommend, then you will need to wait for 15 more minutes. All this to say your brownies will take ready for you to enjoy in 40 mins. I usually make a huge batch on the weekend and freeze it. You can then enjoy them whenever you want!
Let’s dive into this GFVG dessert recipe.
No Bake BrowniesCourse: dessertsDifficulty: Easy
1.5 cups almonds (pre-soaked, skin on)
1.5 cups walnuts (pre-soaked)
2 cups dates (1 cup medjool and 1 cup regular pre-soaked)
2/4 cacao powder
1/2 cup cacao nibs
2 tsps salt
- In a food processor start by finely grinding the almonds and walnuts, then add the cacao powder. Set aside.
Incorporate small amounts of the finely chopped dates in your chopped nuts batch, and continue to grind.
- In your second mixing batch add dates and mix until they are grinding in small chucks. Set aside.
- Incorporate small amounts of the finely chopped dates in your chopped nuts batch, and continue to grind.
- Add your brownie batter to a bowl and mix in using a spoon the cacao nibs.
- Place the brownie mixture on tray and mould it to your desired shape. Place in the fridge for about 25 mins before slicing.
- (Optional but highly recommended!) Melt your favourite chocolate and pour over the cooled brownies. Place back in the fridge for about 15 mins!
- When your are rinsing your walnuts be sure to pick out any visible shell parts so they don’t end up in your brownies. It’s not fun chipping a tooth on a walnut shell, am I right?
These no bake brownies are seriously AMAZING!! Happy mixing! This would make the best dessert after eating a big GFVG Caesar salad. Click on the highlighted text for the full recipe.
If it’s not a fuck YES, it’s a hell NO.MArk Groves