I took a little break from posting on my blog, mainly because I had to do some maintenance and I was trying to put it off for as long as I could. lol. Now that everything is fixed and good to go, I am slowly introducing writing weekly posts back to my life. What does that mean for you?: more YUMMY content, cool features (upcoming up) and a newsletter offering you awesome promo codes and free products from companies that align with my ethos.
As this is officially my first welcome back post, I would like to extend a huge thank you to YOU all – it means so MUCH to see you try my recipes, send me photos of them and subscribe to my blog! From the bottom of my heart – THANK YOU!
This week’s post I am starting things off nice and easy with one of my go to soup recipes. Seriously, whenever I feel a bit chilly or feel like my body is needing something hearty I turn to this soup and it delivers each and everytime. Say hello 👋🏻 to this super QUICK GF VG broccoli soup !
QUICK GFVG Broccoli SoupCourse: fun lunchesDifficulty: Easy
This is the perfect recipe for a rainy day or when you need a hearty and healthy quick meal. Enjoy!
1 full head of broccoli (roughly cut into small chuncks)
4 cups veggie stock
2 cloves of garlic
handful of any mushrooms you have (chopped)
1/2 cup soaked cashews (soak in hot water for 15 mins)
1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
pinch of turmeric
pinch of salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
- Start by adding all the dry spices and garlic in a soup pot and let it roast for 2 mins then add your olive oil.
- Add your washed and cut broccoli 🥦 florets, chopped mushrooms and the salt and pepper.
- Add your veggie stock and the rinsed cashews.
- Once the soup comes to boil, turn the heat down and let it simmer until the broccoli is fully cooked (should take about 25mins).
- Transfer your soup to a blender and blend until the consistency is creamy.
- Place the soup back in the pot and let it simmer for 10 mins and serve!
- Optional toppings: Roasted pine nuts and pumpkin seeds which adds a lovely nutty smoky flavor. I also always add more salt, pepper and a dash of hot sauce and fresh squeezed lime juice.
It feels so good to be back ! I hope this recipe makes your week warm and cozy! If you are looking for more hardy full meals, try making my volognese sauce paired with your favourite pasta. Click on the highlighted text and it will take you directly to my recipe. As a dessert you can also try my no bake brownies – I suggest doubling the batch – they are that GOOD!!