As soon as autumn hits, I start making this quick GFVG chili recipe and it’s always a winner! Super easy to make and as always substitutions are encouraged. This chili is spicy, flavourful, rich and hardy – the perfect meal on a cold rainy day. I usually make a big batch of the chili and freeze half so I have it on hand when I need it.
All the spices used in this chili have anti-inflammatory properties which is great for your immune system. The key to this recipe are the spices. Building flavour with spices is a great way to complement all of the other ingredients. If you are not a cayenne pepper fan you can substitute with jalapeño pepper, chili flakes or use a pure chili.
My recommendation is to serve this chili with a side of corn bread fresh out of the oven, covered with vegan butter and nutritional yeast. OK, let’s dive in!
Quick GFVG Chili RecipeCourse: DinnerCuisine: Gluten-free, VeganDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is a quick 1-pot chili, easy to make and it’s freezer friendly.
1 can lentils (cooked)
1 can white beans (cooked)
1 small can corn
1 red pepper (diced)
2 roma tomatoes (diced)
1 can of crushed tomatoes in tomato juice
2 medium sized carrots (diced)
2 celery talks (finely chopped)
3 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp crushed pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsps cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsps olive oil
1 cup water
1 cup of stock
- Place your soap pot on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add all your vegetables and all our dry spices including the garlic. Stir well and turn the heat down to simmer.
- Now add your crushed tomatoes, maple syrup, stock and water.
- Let the chili simmer for about 30 minutes. If your chili is too thick, add more water.
- Let the chili cool for about 5 minutes before serving it. Enjoy!
- If you are not a lentil fan substitute it with white beans, kidney beans or whatever kind of beans you like.
If you are looking for a stellar dessert that will pair nicely with this quick GFVG chili recipe, try my vegan brownie cupcakes. Click on the highlighted link for full recipe.
The words you say to yourself today are the most important words you’ll hear.Positive Delight