Super inspired to make this delicious QUICK GFVG Pad Thai, because I am reminiscing about my favourite island in Thailand – Ko Phayam. I miss this island and the people so MUCH!! This recipe is totally based on tricks and tips I learned while I was staying there.
Pad Thai is all about the full spicy flavour of the sauce and the colourful but healthy toppings and garnishes. I used the veggies and herbs I had left over from the week. So, I put together a simple garnish plate of shredded carrots, cilantro, finely chopped peanuts and fresh lime.
It’s so easy to make this recipe and the flavours are so on point. As always, I am a fan of creating recipes with ingredients that can be substituted depending on what you have on hand. I find when you have to go searching for ingredients, you lose the stamina to put together the meal. That being said, you will need a couple of key inagriendts on hand, such as, Pad Thai rice noodles, tahini and miso paste.
QUICK GFVG Pad ThaiCourse: LunchCuisine: Gluten-free, VeganDifficulty: Easy
Try this super easy homemade Pad Thai recipe that’s vegan and gluten-free. It so flavourful and delicious!
Pad Thai rice noodles
1 carrot (shredded)
2-3 sprigs of cilantro
250g of tempeh
handful of peanuts (shelled + finely chopped)
1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1 tbsp coconut flour
- For the Sauce
1/4 cup of Tamari
2 tsps tahini (sesame paste)
1 tsp miso paste (chilli paste also works)
pinch of chilli flakes
juice of 1/2 lime
- Start by making the sauce (combine all the ingredients listed above starting with the tahini paste and adding all the liquids while mixing).
- Slice your tempeh into small squares and add them to a bowl. Add a bit of the sauce to the bowl so they are covered and let it marinade for 10 mins until you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Once the tempeh has soaked the marinade, add a bit of nutritional yeast and coconut flour. Mix well and fry at medium heat on all sides until crispy.
- Start to boil your water for the noodles and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and add the noodles to the tempeh pan. Add the rest of the sauce, decorate with the toppings and serve with 1 or 2 wedges of lime.
- If you are not a fan of tempeh you can totally use tofu – works just as well.
If you are looking for a delicious dessert to accompany this quick GFVG Pad Thai, give my no bake brownies a roll. They are perfect and super easy to make! (click the highlighted link for full recipe and ingredients list).
Remind yourself that you can not fail at being yourself.Wayne Dyer