I stubbed upon sweet and ripe summer strawberries in my local organic market. They were calling out to me and I couldn’t resist. Since it’s a long weekend, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to experiment with this Raw GFVG Strawberry Ice Cream Cake recipe and see what I come up with! This cake is super EASY to make, it’s healthy, vegan, gluten-free and did I mention DELICIOUS!!!
This strawberry ice cream cake is a conversation starter!
This recipe requires a bit of quick prep work and you will be good to go. Soaking the almonds and cashews overnight and taking the skin off the almonds is the extent of the prep work. If you are short for time you can expedite the process by using warm water to soak to your almond and cashews.
This is the perfect treat on a hot summer day! Make sure you invite lots of friends to share this cake with.
Raw GFVG Strawberry Ice Cream CakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
This cake is very simple to make and super delicious.
- For the base
10 medjool dates (pitted)
1/2 cup almonds (peeled)
2 tbsp coconut oil
- For the filling
1 cup of soaked cashews
2 cups of fresh strawberries
3 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 vanilla bean (use only the inside)
2 tbsps of coconut oil
4 tbsp of maple syrup
- Soaking cashews and almonds
- Place your cashews to soak in a bowl with water overnight Tip: it’s way cheaper to get unpeeled almonds and peel them yourself. The method of peeling is super simple. Add the unpeeled almonds in the water bowl and let them soak overnight. Peel the skin off in the morning.
- Blending ingredients to make the crust
- Add the peeled almonds in a blender and blend until they are coarsely grounded up. Then add your dates and coconut oil and continue blending until the mixture starts to form into a ball (the mixture should be very sticky at this point).
- Moulding the crust
- Place the crust mixture in a cake tin (16-18cm) and mould it into a nice circle or square. Place the crust in the freezer and start making the filling.
- Filing for the cheese cake
- After draining and rinsing your cashews add them to a blender along with the remaining ingredients and mix until the consistency is silky smooth. Pour your filling into the crust that you’ve taken out of the freezer and place it back for at least 4 hours. Slice, decorate and ENJOY!
If you are looking for a nice pairing beverage for this raw GFVG strawberry ice cream cake, try the iced version of my matcha tea latte! Click link for full recipe.
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.Will Rogers