It’s Friday and I am sharing this recipe to help you ease into your weekend. The face scrubs and face creams I ordered from Ravenwood Soap in Vancouver, are currently stuck in customs, so I am taking matters into my own hands. To make my sweet face scrub, which you can actually eat, you will need three ingredients.
I have a super dry skin type. This scrub is right up my alley in terms of exfoliation and hydration. I experimented with a few different versions and I found the WINNER! If you have a more oily skin type, I would only use about half of the olive oil quantity and swap the Vitamin E drops with organic tea tree oil.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsps really good organic olive oil
- 2-3 drops Vitamin E (rose hip oil also works)
- find a recyclable container you can use (I used my old face scrub container, but a glass container would be ideal)
- add sugar, then the rest of the ingredients
- mix well until all the sugar crystals are covered with both the olive oil and any other additional oils
- gently clean your skin as you would normally, then use the scrub rubbing in a circular motion all over your skin (works best when your skin is slightly damp)
- leave it on your skin for about 5 mins before rinsing it off with water
- pat dry with your face towel
- tip: you can use this as a body scrub as well (my legs have never been this hydrated!)
If you don’t have the Vitamin E oil or rose hip, use what you have and what leaves your skin feeling happy. I find cosmetics is such a personal affair and I generally don’t post a lot about it. However, this homemade recipe is easy and you can fine tune it to fit your skin type. As you wait for your face to absorb all the goodness, take a sip from a delicious matcha latte. For recipe click on the blue link.
As always I would love to see your pictures and comments! Stay healthy xx
You are always enough.Sophie Dear