These vegan and gluten-free veggie fritters are DELICIOUS and the side parsley mint sauce really takes it to the next level! This recipe always brings a smile to my face and it’s so easy to make and tastes amazing. You can make these any time of the year and they also make the best party snack or dinner. You also experiment by using whatever leftover veggies you happen to have in your fridge – the options are endless…
Part of recharging for me is cooking dishes I learned making when I was young with my grandmother in her kitchen. Cooking this recipes grounds me, comforts me and let’s me know that no matter what everything will be ok.
I had to slightly amend my grandma’s recipe to make is gluten free and vegan but it still tastes the same to me!
Veggie Fritters (gluten-free & vegan)
Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 8-10 fritters Calories: 40kcal
Ingredients you will need:
For the vegan and gluten-free veggie fritters:
- 1 medium size zucchini (peeled and grated *remove as much of the water as possible)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup red pepper (diced finely)
- 2 tbsps parsley (if you love parsley you can totally add more)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1.5 tsps cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- a pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup of water
- olive oil for frying
Parsley mint pesto:
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup mint
- 1.5 lime (squeezed)
- 1/2 green jalapeño
- 2 tsps salt
- 8 tbsp of olive oil
How to make the veggie fritters:
- Start by peeling and grating your zucchini. Make sure you drain as much as the water as possible from the zucchini otherwise your fritters will turn out mushy.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix in the water and whisky until all the clumps are removed.
- Add all your veggies (zucchini, corn and red pepper) into the bowl once all the clumps have been removed.
- Add olive oil to your pan and start frying the fritters when the pan is hot. I can usually fit 3 in a pan and I either use a ladle for measurement or a baking circle I place directly in my pan.
- Enjoy your Yummy FRITTERS !!!!
Parsley mint pesto:
- In a blender (you can also use a mixer) add all your ingredients and mix away
- Make more because it’s already gone!
I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I have!!