You will keep turning to this Volognese sauce all the time ! The sauce is very easy to make, vegan, gluten-free and extremely delicious!
I am sure you figured out that the sauce is a vegan twist to the traditional Italian Bolognese sauce. The taste is equally rich and amazing.
Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy foodHippocrates
‘V’olognese SauceCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
2 cups of cauliflower florets
3/4 cup raw walnuts
3/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
- In a food processor add the cauliflower, walnuts, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper (check above for exact quantity). Mix until the contents is crumbly.
- Place the crumbly mixture on a baking sheet and bake at 200°C for about 20mins. Stir after 10 mins to avoid burning.
- While the mixture bakes, start heating your marinara sauce. Add your favourite spices (oregano, thyme, basil,…) and veggies (mushrooms, red peppers,…) to the sauce and leave it on the heat until the cauliflower walnut mixture is ready.
- Add the cauliflower mixture into the marinara sauce, and stir. Turn the heat off, cover the sauce and let it rest for about 5 mins.
- Enjoy this sauce on your favourite pasta!
- I would highly suggest doubling the recipe!
It’s that EASY !! I love hearing your feedback – as always if you try any recipe, tag me or leave a comment below 🙂 I hope you love this recipe as much I DO!
This recipe will pair nicely with my no bake brownies. Click on the highlighted text to get the full recipe.